TMZ reported on Monday night that Meghan Markle’s father, Thomas Markle, will not be attending the Royal Wedding on Saturday 19th May. Thomas Markle recently came under fire after it was reported he set up paparazzi photos in the run-up to his daughter’s big day.

In the report by TMZ, it is claimed that Thomas Markle suffered a heart attack just six days but checked himself out of hospital in order to attend the wedding. After making a deal with a photo agency – which was later found out by the British press – Markle told TMZ that he meant “no harm” when making the deal but had a valid reason for doing so that was not principally about money.

TMZ reports that Thomas Markle claims the paparazzi photos that were staged looked “stupid and hammy” and how he deeply regrets making any deal to have the photos taken.

Markle has now said he does not want to attend the Royal Wedding as he wishes to avoid causing embarrassment for his daughter, Meghan Markle, and The Royal Family.

TMZ also added that Markle had been approached for interviews but turned them down however a paparazzi agency offered him money for photos though the fee was nowhere near the $100,000 reported by some media outlets.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will marry at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle on Saturday 19th May.

Kensington Palace is yet to confirm whether reports of Thomas Markle’s absence from the ceremony are true or not.

This is a developing news story. Royal Circular will provide more details when they become available.

One thought

  1. Why does Miss Markle need anyone to walk her down the aisle of the church? Let it just be about her.

Leave a Reply to Carol Andrews Cancel reply